Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Random Thought #1

Google bought YouTube this week for around $1.6 billion. But that's not what's on my mind.

We all know that Google is such a well know search engine, that the phrase 'to google' has become almost synonymous with web searching. In fact, this blog is powered by google search as well.

So i wonder, how many people google names? Like names of friends, or specifically their own names?

Apparently there are two teachers from my school who do it. But i wonder how common this phenomenon is?

I would set up an experiment by posting the names of everyone i knew here and observe whether their name googling directed them here, except that it's not wise to name names in blogs. So I guess my would-be-brilliant plan is foiled.

But has anyone reading this googled their name at least once?

No comments: