Saturday, November 25, 2006

Finally

The moment you have all been waiting for.

Well, some of you. And definitely not as much as me.

But my internet has finally returned, after 19 days. Urgh.

Was checking my counter the other day. Thank you to all the faithful comers who add me to their favourites and just click open all. Of course if you didnt do that, I thank you even more.

And let the posting resume.

So the question is:

What is life like without the internet

Well the answer is slightly complicated. For the first week it was quite refreshing because I had plenty of time, and I suddenly realised that a sizeable proportion of my time is spent online. Then Friday came, the weekend passed and it was Monday.

That's when the frustration started.

Do you know that it is impossible to live properly today without the internet? E-mail, instant messaging, news sites, research, e.t.c. are all things we take for granted with the internet. And I can say it's extremely annoying when you can't access your e-mail.

So what lessons can I conclude from this fiasco? Well, be wise with your time. The internet is extremely crucial but time wasting if you have something else to do.

As for the fiasco...here's how the events unfolded.

I should have got my connection back on the 9th of November. Well, I got my phone line, but no connection, which they said will be online on Friday the next day, and I would have to call TM to get that sorted out. Alright so Friday comes and I call TM. And they say that some jumper has to be installed. Fine. So I wait.

Saturday. Sunday. Monday - still no connection. I call them. And they say that my connection has been active since Friday night. Ahh. So that was genius of me. Maybe i should have called them at night instead of in the morning. Ok. But my DSL indicator is off which means that I have no connection still, despite TM's claims.

So I file a report, which they informed me would take 2 working days. This was on Tuesday, 14th Nov. They said give them two working days. Alright I did that and called them on Friday.

Still no connection. And they don't know what the problem is.

And so I start calling them EVERY day. Spending half an hour pushing them to give me back my internet. Until it eventually gets pushed up to 'management' level. Ooo, management level, my my I must be important.

Important enough that it takes them 8 working days to get my connection back. Of course I pushed them to have my line fixed by the weekend. So i do like to feel that I had some power over the situation - don't ruin it for me.

Anyways the moral of this fiasco is that TM is extremely inefficient. I am behind time on my uni applications. And I have to get my Visa application to the US filled out.

So this is me signing off for now. Daily posting shall now recommence.

Oh yeah and before I forget.

MAN UTD 2 - 1 CHELSEA

Hehe. I hope this doesn't get jinxed.

No comments: